Free shipping on orders over $50
May 30, 2023
Hello, beautiful parents out there! It's Anne here, the founder of Nalakai and a mom of two incredibly wonderful children, Nala and Kai. I am so thrilled to share with you today some of the best tips for babywearing using a ring sling, especially our very own Nalakai bamboo and linen ring slings. I am such a fan of the attachment parenting style, and babywearing is a significant part of that journey for me and so many other parents around the globe.
1. Start with the Right Material: The first thing to consider when babywearing is the sling itself. When I was pregnant with Nala, I discovered ring slings. I loved the style and the soft carry, but I despised the stiff and scratchy 100% linen slings that were available on the market. That's when I decided to make my own slings using incredibly soft and eco-friendly bamboo fabric mixed with linen. This blend gives our Nalakai ring slings a unique softness that respects your baby's delicate skin while providing the necessary support. Plus, our slings are not just soft; they're also sustainable and kind to our planet.
2. Correct Positioning: Getting the positioning right is key to a comfortable babywearing experience. Your baby should be in a seated position with their legs spread around you.
Their knees should be at or above their hips, creating a natural "M" shape. This position supports their hip development. We have SO many video tutorials on the How To page of our website: https://nalakai.com/pages/how-to
3. Support the Head and Neck: For newborns, it is essential to provide extra support for their head and neck. You can use the tail of the ring sling to provide this support.
Remember, your baby's face should always be visible to ensure they can breathe easily.
4. Ensure Comfort for Yourself: Babywearing should not only be comfortable for your baby but for you as well. Our Nalakai slings are designed with parents in mind. They distribute the baby's weight evenly across your back and shoulder, preventing any discomfort or pain. Don't forget to adjust the sling so that your baby is high enough for you to kiss their forehead. That's a good rule of thumb for the right height – Close
Enough to Kiss!
5. Practice: Like any new skill, mastering babywearing takes a bit of practice. Try wearing the sling and adjusting it before you put your baby in. Look in the mirror to check that you've got it right. Over time, putting on and adjusting the sling will become second nature.
6. Join a Community: At Nalakai, we're more than just a brand. We're a community of supportive and passionate parents. Sharing your experiences and learning from others can be incredibly helpful as you navigate the journey of parenthood.
Remember, the ultimate goal of babywearing is to strengthen that beautiful bond between you and your little one. It's about keeping your baby close to your heart, both literally and metaphorically. It's about those precious moments of intimacy and love that are irreplaceable.
Thank you so much for being a part of this journey with us. I can't wait to see your beautiful photos and hear your stories about your experiences with our Nalakai slings. Please feel free to reach out to us anytime. We're here for you, and we're in this together. Here's to a beautiful babywearing journey with Nalakai!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
September 21, 2023
August 29, 2023